Our popular Senior Exploration Manager (SEM) Course is back — in both Perth and Denver.
This Course is designed for all who are Senior Exploration Managers, who aspire to be senior managers or who routinely work with and support Senior Exploration Managers and want a better understanding of the challenges of management level positions in our industry.
We had 42 participants in attendance at our first post-pandemic in-person SEM Course (Perth, October 2022). That Course was a genuine success and showed that there was significant demand for the Course at the Perth venue.
So, we ran the Course again in Perth in February 2023, and another 35 eager, satisfied participants attended.
Based on that success, we will present the Course again in Perth (at our customary St. Catherine’s College venue) in February 2024. Please watch this site for the brochure and registration form. If you have questions in the meantime, please contact Jeff Welborn — firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, and again in response to demand, we will resume the in-person SEM Course in Denver, Colorado, (July 18-21, 2023) at a new venue: (https://cccs.edu/conference-center/)
Lowry Conference Center, 1061 Akron Way (30 minutes from Denver International Airport)
The price for the Denver Course is US$3,200. Please use these links for the registration form and the brochure, and don’t hesitate to contact Jeff Welborn (email@example.com) for answers to any questions.
The Scope of Exploration Management Training
This Course is designed for all who are senior exploration managers, who aspire to be senior managers or who routinely work with and support senior exploration managers and want a better understanding of the challenges of management level positions in our industry.
The SEM Course is a comprehensive exploration management-level training that covers a broad range of topics:
- Mineral exploration at the strategic scale – the roles of greenfield and brownfield exploration in development and implementation of corporate operating and growth strategies
- Design and management of exploration programs and portfolios
- The importance of group structure, program design, process discipline and effective people management to achieve exploration group objectives
- Opportunity generation including the exploration search space concept, targeting science, the application of targeting models and new opportunity due diligence
- Development of commercial terms for mineral exploration transactions and deal negotiation
- Strategic risk evaluation and management in order to develop and maintain the necessary licenses to operate exploration projects in varied risk environments
Our in-person SEM Courses are open enrollment and cover all of the above topics. In addition, individual training modules can be provided in-house for clients who desire training that is tailored to their particular needs.
We also offer the complete Senior Exploration Management Course (SEM) in virtual format. LEARN MORE
The feedback on our SEM Courses is consistently positive. WMS now has more than 700 SEM Course alumni working in countries throughout the world. Information about our SEM Courses is available on this site and by email request: firstname.lastname@example.org.