Our Western Mining Services SEM Course Continues!
The popular WMS Senior Exploration Manager Course returns to Perth and Denver in 2024
This Course is designed for all who are Senior Exploration Managers, who aspire to be senior managers or who routinely work with and support Senior Exploration Managers and want a better understanding of the challenges of management level positions in our industry.
Since the pandemic hiatus (2020-21), we have now presented the Course three times, twice in Perth and once in Denver. Each was successful and well-received; however, equally important, we received helpful feedback especially about optimum timing and location for each Course.
As a result, we can CONFIRM that we will present the Course in both Perth and Denver during 2024:
- Perth: 27 Feb – 1 March 2024. PLEASE NOTE THIS DATE CHANGE! The venue is the same as it has been for the last several years — St. Catherine’s on Park, 2 Park Road, Crawley WA 6009, and the tuition is AUD$3, 900 (exclusive of GST).
- Denver: 15-18 October 2024, at a Denver venue that has not yet been decided. The tuition for this Denver Course is US$3,200.
Please watch this site for confirmation of the Denver venue and for links to the Course brochures.
if you have questions, or if you simply wish to guarantee a place now in Perth or Denver, please contact Jeff Welborn, email@example.com.
The Scope of Exploration Management Training
This Course is designed for all who are senior exploration managers, who aspire to be senior managers or who routinely work with and support senior exploration managers and want a better understanding of the challenges of management level positions in our industry.
The SEM Course offers comprehensive exploration management-level training that covers a broad range of topics:
- Mineral exploration at the strategic scale – the roles of greenfield and brownfield exploration in development and implementation of corporate operating and growth strategies
- Design and management of exploration programs and portfolios
- The importance of group structure, program design, process discipline and effective people management to achieve exploration group objectives
- Opportunity generation including the exploration search space concept, targeting science, the application of targeting models and new opportunity due diligence
- Development of commercial terms for mineral exploration transactions and deal negotiation
- Strategic risk evaluation and management in order to develop and maintain the necessary licenses to operate exploration projects in varied risk environments
Our in-person SEM Courses are open enrollment and cover all of the above topics. In addition, individual training modules can be provided in-house for clients who desire training that is tailored to their particular needs.
We also offer the complete Senior Exploration Management Course (SEM) in virtual format. LEARN MORE
The feedback on our SEM Courses is consistently positive. WMS now has more than 750 SEM Course alumni working in countries throughout the world. Information about our SEM Courses is available on this site and by email request: firstname.lastname@example.org.