|We invite everyone reading this to watch our recently updated short video with new information about the ongoing roll-out of the virtual SEM Course. This link takes you to the web page where you will find that video: https://www.wesminllc.com/wms-sponsored-events/ |
As you can see, Classes 1 and 2 are up and running with Class 3 to follow shortly – by 30 September 2021 at the latest.
In addition, we have made some logistical changes to the virtual Course. Please note that some changes described below are recent and override some of the information in the video:
1. We have decided to keep all three Classes open for enrollment at any time for a two-year period – i.e., through 30 March 2023. At the end of that period, we will edit and update the Classes and then re-offer them for another two-year period.
2. Enrolling in any particular Class also provides access to Short Subject Packages for that Class. In these Packages we drill down and provide extensive additional detail on selected topics covered in the Class.
3. The Class 1 Short Subject packages are complete and available through the WMS Institute site. Two of the three Class 2 Short Subjects packages are now also available through that site.
4. Once Class 3 is up and online, there will be Short Subject packages for that Class as well.
Understandably, there have been many questions about the timing and logistics of the Workshops for each of the Classes. Our current plan for the Workshops is this:
1. We will run Workshops for all three Classes during October, November and the first half of December. If this timing works, we will try to do the same each year.
2. Suggested topics for each Workshop will be announced in advance, but we will try to remain flexible so that the scope of each includes topics that participants want to cover.
3. During that two and a half month period, we will offer at least two Workshop topics per Class.
4. We intend to offer each Workshop twice, at 6:00 hours and at 18:00 hours New York City time, so that we can accommodate the various time zones of the participants.
Our goal is to offer the first SEM Course Certification Exercises during the first quarter of 2022, i.e., after the Workshops.
That’s it for now, but please remain vigilant for further updates, and if you have questions contact Jeff (email@example.com).
Thank you all for your patience and understanding.
Jon, Brad, Steve and Jeff
Like most global service providers, we at Western Mining Services are working to adapt our business in response to the pervasiveness and the significant health risks that characterize COVID-19 — a major challenge. We remain committed to providing training services and products, but we must do so now without a face-to-face classroom component, at least until it is once again safe to travel and gather.
Here’s where we are as of 15 February 2021:
- The Perth and Denver SEM courses are postponed indefinitely.
- We have put together and are now offering a comprehensive new on-line Senior Exploration Management (SEM) Course. See the Events Page on this website for details.
This new project does not mean that we will abandon our traditional in-person SEM Courses. There is too much educational value in the opportunities those courses offer for participants to be together to share ideas and experiences.
If you are interested in our SEM Courses, please contact Jeff Welborn by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for scheduling and enrollment details.
We have confidence that the COVID-19 crisis will become manageable and that all of our training services and products, both in-person and on-line, will become available to all who want to participate. We are grateful to our past SEM Course participants, and we thank those who have an interest in attending in the future.
To all of our clients, course participants and other friends, be in good health and please follow the new rules we all must live by to stay that way.