Like most global service providers, we at Western Mining Services are working to adapt our business in response to the pervasiveness and the significant health risks that characterize COVID-19 — a major challenge. We remain committed to providing training services and products, but we must do so now (and at least for the next several months) without a face-to-face classroom component.
Here’s where we are as of 30 March 2020:
- The Perth SEM course, scheduled for 23-26 June 2020, is postponed indefinitely. We still hope to present an in-person version of this course in Perth during 2020. For instance, there is availability at our St Catherine’s College venue during September, but it is still too early for us to be definitive about timing.
- For now, the Denver SEM Course remains scheduled for 1-4 December 2020, subject to postponement should COVID-19 concerns cause us to reschedule. All those interested in attending should note the new venue for this Denver Course – the Hampton Inn & Suites facility located in the Denver Tech Center at 5001 South Ulster Street, Denver CO 80237.
- Last December we commenced a comprehensive new on-line training project, and the COVID-19 crisis has increased the importance of this project to our business. More will follow, but for now we can say this:
- A primary initial goal is to provide all components of the SEM Course on-line in one form or another.
- A longer term goal is to provide a broader scope of on-line training services and products. For instance, we are working on a series of what might be called “mini” SEM courses that are built around and drill deeper into topics covered in the traditional 4-day SEM course.
This new project does not mean that we will abandon our traditional in-person SEM Courses. There is too much educational value in the opportunities those courses offer for participants to be together to share ideas and experiences.
To those who remain interested in atending one of our in-person SEM Courses this calendar year, please notify Jeff Welborn by email (email@example.com) as soon as possible. Sending us this indication of interest does not mean that attendance or payment will be required. It is merely a way for us to gauge expected participation. We will notify each interested party, well in advance, if and when we need a binding commitment.
We have confidence that the COVID-19 crisis will become manageable and that all of our training services and products, both in-person and on-line, will become available to all who want to participate. We are grateful to our past SEM Course participants, and we thank those who have an interest in attending in the future.
To all of our clients, course participants and other friends, be in good health and please follow the new rules we all must live by to stay that way.